Air Expedited Shipping
When you want to ship your cargo or goods from one location to another, you can choose from many shipping modes. However, when speed is a factor and the distance between the origin and destination is long, using air freight is a good option.
Air freight forwarders typically provide a full door-to-door service that takes care of all the logistics involved. They will pick up your cargo from its source and deliver it to its final address by packing it and warehousing it if needed.
There are different types of air freight services available depending on what your needs are, including:
Expedited shipping is most often used for time-sensitive shipments such as medical equipment, perishable goods, and valuable items. It can also be used when there is an urgent need for your shipment to arrive as quickly as possible.
You can choose from several different options, and these include:
Next Day Delivery
Next day delivery is the fastest option available if you have a package that absolutely has to be delivered as soon as possible. Typically, your shipment is delivered on the next business day after it has been picked up by the carrier. However, such an express delivery can be quite expensive.
If you don’t need to ship your items immediately but still want to take advantage of the benefits of air freight shipping, then a 2-day delivery may be a good choice. The main difference between this service and the next day delivery service is that shipments take two days instead of one. This means that you can save money on shipping costs without sacrificing speed that much.
This service guarantees that shipment reaches its destination in three business days or less. This option is best suited for people who don't have any major time constraints on when they need their goods delivered but still want them to arrive in a timely manner.
Standard shipping is the most economical option for shipping items that don't need to be delivered in a hurry. It typically takes 1-2 weeks for items to arrive at their destination and it's best for light shipments (small parcels).
This service guarantees that no other packages will be included in the same truckload or aeroplane as yours, meaning it'll reach its destination faster than if you were sending something through standard shipping methods. It can be very expensive and is typically best used for shipping high-value products that need to arrive as soon as possible.
When Air Freight Is the Best Option
Air freight is your best option when:
- You need to transport medical devices.
- You have humanitarian aid to ship.
- You’re shipping high-value goods.
- Your shipment contains perishable goods that are sensitive to temperature fluctuations, like flowers or foodstuffs.
- Your shipment contains dangerous goods that require extra precaution, like flammable materials or hazardous chemicals.
- Your shipment is a last-minute delivery but requires a high degree of accuracy and reliability (i.e., you can’t afford for your cargo to be delayed).
- You need your shipment delivered on a specific date.
Air Freight Costs
Air freight is subject to many of the same costs and considerations as other forms of shipping, but it does have some unique features that set it apart from other options. It's these features that determine the price you pay for your air freight shipment.
With that in mind, here are some factors that affect air freight prices:
- The size and weight of the package or packages being shipped. Most air freight services charge per pound, with a minimum fee for very small packages. There may be additional fees for oversized packages that don't fit easily into aeroplane cargo holds.
- The distance your package is being shipped.
- Whether you are shipping one package or multiple packages to your destination. Most air freight companies offer discounts to customers who ship multiple packages at once, whether they're all going to the same place or not.
- The time of year you are shipping your package(s). Air freight usually costs more during busy holiday seasons, when demand for transportation on planes is high.
Although air freight shipping is typically more expensive than other forms of shipping that doesn't mean that you cannot find cheap air shipping. By doing an air freight comparison, you can find the best rates available, which can save you a significant amount of money.
Air freight comparison sites allow consumers compare prices from multiple air carriers so that they can find the best deal possible for their particular needs and requirements. These sites also help users determine whether or not there are any extra charges associated with using certain modes of transportation such as courier services or storage lockers at airports while waiting for their shipments before they go through customs clearance (which could lead to delays).
Choosing an Air Freight Courier
Choosing an air freight courier is a big decision. You want to make sure that you're getting the best possible service for your shipment, and that it gets there safely and on time.
Here are some tips to help you find the right company for your needs:
- Choose a company that is experienced: perhaps the most important thing to look for when choosing an air freight courier service is experience. You want the company you choose to have been in the business for at least a few years. The last thing you want is your package sitting on a tarmac for days at a time because the courier doesn't know what they're doing. If possible, choose an air freight courier service that also offers air freight warehousing services. This means they have more experience handling shipments of all sizes.
- Choose a company that has a good reputation: a good reputation is important in any business, but especially so in the case of an air freight courier service. The last thing you want is your parcel being delivered late or damaged because your chosen air freight courier doesn't care about their customers or their cargo. When choosing an air freight courier, it's good to ask friends and family who they've used before. If they had a good experience with them, chances are you will too. You should also check out reviews to see what users have said about their services, and use a reliable air freight service comparison tool.
Air Shipping UK
We provide an online quote system that allows you to get an instant air freight quote for your shipment within seconds. Just enter the details of your shipment to get an estimate. You'll be given an estimated price based on the weight and size of your shipment.
You can then compare this with competitive rates from other air freight companies before deciding on which option is best suited to your needs and budget. It has never been easier to pick the right air cargo delivery services before!